Saturday, July 30, 2011

A classic candy...in different flavors?

This ad, in my daughter's April 1955 The American Girl magazine, is for Tootsie Roll. Tootsie Roll is a classic American candy that goes way back. It's fallen by the wayside in recent years, and really we only get the tiny Tootsies at Halloween anymore, it seems.

I can't remember the last time I saw an actual candy-bar-sized Roll. And I've never seen any other flavors than classic "chocolate." I put that in quote marks because, let's face it, it's more "Tootsie Roll flavor" than actual chocolate!

Why'd we stop doing Tootsie Fudge and Tootsie Milky Caramels? And no, I don't mean those silly colored Tootsie Fruit things. Blech...
I, too, want to sit around the record player in my super-cute capri pants and a jaunty scarf tied around my neck and chew (and chew, and chew, and chew) on a Tootsie... Roll, Fudge, Caramel... Maybe all three! Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment