Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

In honor of the Tour de France, which I love to watch for the excitement, the drama, and the scenery, I'm thinking of bike riding. Granted, I've never been nor will never be at that level of riding, but I do love a good cushy bike and a nice place to ride.

Sadly, I have neither. I regularly peruse the lovely Diary of a Vintage Girl blog, and Fleur often shows her gorgeous self on her bicycle, and I am so jealous! It's too hot here in Texas to do much of anything but sit in front of any kind of cool air. And I have no place to ride to anyway. Woe is me...

I know that many places around the U.S. and the world are very bicycle friendly, but I don't live in one of those places. The car and truck rule the road, and we have no sidewalks to speak of. Town has a few bike lanes, but that's a 30-minute drive away. So I'll moan for myself, Why'd we stop allowing anything but motor vehicles to use the roads? And why don't I have a comfy bike with a big springy seat and a cute outfit for coasting down the hills?

So I'll continue to live vicariously through Martha Raye and her cute hooded romper and the cyclists making their way to Paris. For those of you who not only have a great bike but also a great place to ride it, do enjoy it as much as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment