Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursdays--The Place Where I Live

Today's post isn't about anything I own, but rather a place I love to visit. I find the old Mission Valley Mill heartbreakingly beautiful. The huge spread of buildings is tucked between the Guadalupe River, railroad tracks, and just a block off of I-35, you would think this now-defunct mill property would be a hot commodity. In a way, I'm glad it's not, so that I can have the occasional morning with the place all to myself and the wildlife. Yes, wildlife. This morning we saw an egret, a blue heron, a crane, coots, grebes, Muscovy ducks, turtles, and butterflies. I know our area depends on toobers (as in, floating the river), but I do love to see an empty river. Well, empty except for birds, turtles, and fish.

Unfortunately, the day took a turn for the worse after I shot these photos this morning, so I won't take the time to write captions. I will plan for a post about the mill another day. I must say, I was happy to look back over these photos after the day I had, so I hope you get some enjoyment out of them, too. Oh, and no worries. Everything is ok now! But I'm tired!










































1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I love these. While the suburb I live in is brand new (just a few years old), we live in the city of Melbourne which is filled with the most amazing art deco buildings, Flinders Street Station (our main city station - it is just stunning) and the royal exhibition building which opened in 1880. We even still have some of our old trams running from the 1930's. I really do love my city and now I love yours too!

    ReplyDelete